Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Deputy Diva Checking In...

Two of my HOPE quilts are registered and will be mailed off today! Their numbers are 3175 and 3176... my first PQ was #53...  

First is Essential Ingredient (front above, back below).


Here is Between The Lines:  




The reverse-side photos show the fast finish triangles and labels designed in Word and printed onto a sheet of Printed Treasures (attached to quilts using Steam-a-Seam 2 fusible).

Between The Lines  is a collaborative piece. Wanda of Exuberant Color shared 2 orphan blocks which became the background fabric. After piecing, I returned the top and back to her for quilting. I just love the leaves she stitched into this!

I have another quilt for this challenge bouncing around in my head ~ hope to translate those thoughts to fabric soon!

So glad to see so many participating in this challenge ~ "raising awareness and funding research, one quilt at a time"  Looking forward to seeing even more works-in-progress as they are finished and shared!

Quiltdivajulie

---------------------------

"The future belongs to those who give the next generation reason for hope." (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

they're both great. I have some of that green and brown fabric you used in the second quilt. can I just handwrite the labels as well? I don't think I can print them with a laser printer.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes - absolutely, you can create your labels by handwriting ~ I have used a fine point Sharpie marker for many of my labels (only recently started using the Printed Treasures because I had a laser printer and not an ink jet...)

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love your stitches on the top one. marvelous.

zizzybob said...

Julie, the first quilt is fab-u-lous!!! One of the nicest priority quilts I have seen.